Saturday, February 23, 2008

My first commissioned book.


I recently finished my first commissioned book. Click here to see it in my Etsy shop. A friend of mine came to me and asked me to make a custom journal for him, which was exciting for the both of us, since he got to pick out exactly what he wanted it to look like, and I got to work on my first custom design.



I liked the way he put it when we were discussing how a custom journal would inevitably cost more than he would pay if he went to a store and bought a similar book. He told me that he was fine with paying me for doing this for him because otherwise he would just have to go to Barnes & Noble or some other store and give them his money, and he would much rather give that money to me. I'm glad he felt that way, and I wish more people realized that handmade items are well worth the money!

No comments: