Monday, April 28, 2008

April snow-shower in the north woods.

This past weekend I was able to get away from the city for a few days and take a trip out to the cabin with a few friends. It was meant to be a "design retreat" weekend, meaning that we shut ourselves indoors all day and get some intensive work done on our design project, free from the distractions of our lives in the city. Nature helped us along this weekend by bringing an unexpected, and most unwelcome, snowstorm on Saturday (and at the end of April!), which effectively kept us holed up inside the entire time. We spent our two days cooking warm meals, brewing coffee, and keeping the wood stove full of happily crackling logs. I did venture outside for a few minutes to snap a few pictures, but I didn't last long. I couldn't resist capturing the scenery coated with a thin layer of snow, the same scenery that I usually only see in the summer when everything is green and fresh.





No comments: